Fashion Buying and Merchandising (Hons) course offered at The University of Manchester description
Fashion buying requires a strong commercial and analytical foundation.
The strong textile science underpinning of the programme will offer students a unique understanding as to the technical performance and construction of the garments. The programme also provides an emphasis on the numerical and data analysis, skills and knowledge essential to fashion buying.
The role of the fashion buyer in a multi-functional team within the business is also emphasised, for example the way in which the buyer interacts with marketers to understand consumer demand, as well as merchandisers to facilitate the flow of stock in the most profitable way.
The changing nature of the supply chain, in terms of the speed to market and continual buying cycles is introduced, including fast fashion and seasonal buying strategies. Students who graduate from this programme would be ideally equipped with the knowledge and skills needed for a fashion buying or mechanising role.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Raw Materials for Fashion
- Fashion Marketing & Retail
- Fashion Function and Aesthetics
- Garment Technology
- Management and the Apparel Pipeline
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 218 other Bachelors in Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Grades AAB in three academic subjects excluding General Studies
- They do not normally make offers based on AS level. However, each application is treated on an individual basis.
- The University of Manchester welcomes the provision of unit information where available. Like all other information provided by applicants this may be taken into consideration when assessing your application. Unit grades will not normally form part of an offer conditions.
International25000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Manchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.