The Bible is a powerful and influential collection of texts. Its interpretation changes with time, place, culture, and politics.
We will encourage you to develop your own understanding of questions such as:
- How does the content of the Bible differ between faiths?
- How were biblical books included and excluded?
- Why does the Bible remain such an influential book?
- What did the various religious texts mean to their original audiences?
- What is the relationship between the Bible and theology?
- What does Biblical Studies have to offer the 21st century?
Biblical Studies and Theology course at University of Nottingham prepares you for a wide range of roles in professional, academic and faith-based institutions.
You'll also develop key skills that apply to many careers. For example:
- analysis of texts and complex issues
- reasoned decision-making and problem-solving
- sensitivity to cultural and religious diversity
- ability to communicate effectively
Recent graduates from the Department of Theology and Religious Studies are currently working in areas such as:
- law, public policy, strategy, and consulting
- banking and finance
- postgraduate degrees and academia
- creative arts and cultural administration
- police and detective work
- religious and charitable organisations
- journalism, advertising, and communications
- psychology and counselling
- publishing and editing
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Building the Christian Church
- Christianity and the Challenge of Modernity
- Interpreting the Hebrew Bible/Old Testament
- Interpreting Judaism
- Interpreting the New Testament
- Reading, Writing and Speaking Religion
- The Bible in Music, Art and Literature
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 131 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- IB score 32
- IELTS 7.0 (no less than 6.0 in any element)
- High school qualifications Check our country-specific information for guidance on qualifications from your country
- A level offer ABB
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.