- Develop your scientific understanding of the nutrition, physiology and production of animals and how they interact with their physical environment
- Combine with modules in business management to gain an understanding of how to manage groups of animals from a business and consultancy perspective.
- Gain application of learning through teaching and field trips involving experts from a wide range of commercial businesses.
- Develop research skills through your final-year project at one of the country's top agricultural research centres
After Agricultural and Livestock Sciences (Hons) degree at the University of Nottingham you will graduate with a range of transferable skills that employers value. These include business and technical knowledge, IT skills, problem solving, self-reliance and communication skills. This means you will be well placed for a variety of careers such as:
- animal nutritionists
- livestock consultants
- livestock business consultants
- livestock market analysts
- managers on farms
- managers within livestock-related industries
- further study, including veterinary science, PhDs or research positions in further education or industry
- Animal Biology
- Sustainable Agricultural Systems
- Grassland Management
- The Biosciences and Global Food Security
- Genes and Cells
- Biosciences Tutorials and Foundation Science
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- International students should aim to apply by 25 January if possible.
DisciplinesNatural Sciences Agriculture Animal Sciences View 246 other Bachelors in Animal Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A levels: ABB-BBB, At least two science-based subjects at A level (geography and maths also accepted. Psychology accepted if combined with biology or chemistry) and an additional A level or equivalent. Citizenship studies, critical thinking, general studies and leisure studies are not accepted. We may also consider ABC depending on predicted grades in specific subjects.
- GCSE mathematics and English language with 4 (C) or above.
International27200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27200 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Loughborough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.