If your interests develop strongly in one area, at The History (Hons) programme from Manchester Metropolitan University, you may choose to graduate with a degree title that reflects this: Ancient, Medieval and Early Modern, or American.
- BA (Hons) History: For students whose intellectual curiosity spans centuries and continents, our BA History programme offers an exciting range of options, encompassing over five millennia of human experience. unities in Tudor England.
- BA (Hons) History (Ancient): Our ancient historians offer expertise in ancient Greek, Roman and Egyptian history. Studying with them will introduce you to over 3,000 years of history and archaeology and enable you to explore the lives of ancient peoples.
- BA (Hons) History (Medieval and Early Modern): Dynamic change marked these fascinating eras; we offer units that challenge conventional wisdom and offer fresh approaches to these seminal centuries.
- BA (Hons) History (American): The twentieth century was ‘the American century’, but what fate does this century hold for the United States? Understanding the challenges, foreign and domestic, that face Americans today requires that we understand America’s turbulent past.
Our graduates have forged rewarding careers in business, retail and public services, in education, finance, and in the cultural and heritage sectors. Many move straight into careers upon graduation but a high proportion choose to advance their studies at post-graduate level, either in history or a related discipline, such as heritage management, or building further on their skills in management, business studies, law or digital media.
- Reading History
- Critical Approaches to History
- Radical Manchester
- Questioning Humanity
- History in Focus
- Global History: Empires, Migration and Cultural Encounters
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 221 other Bachelors in Modern History in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A levels – e.g. BCC-BBC
- Pearson BTEC National Extended Diploma – DMM
- Pass Access to HE Diploma with a minimum of 106 UCAS Tariff points
- Equivalent qualifications and combinations will be considered, including Extended Project (EPQ. AS levels (or qualifications equivalent to AS level) are not accepted.
- International Baccalaureate Points: IB Diploma with minimum 26 points overall or 104-112 UCAS Tariff points from Higher Level. If you plan to meet the Level 2 course requirements through your IB Diploma you will need to achieve Higher Level 4 or Standard Level 5 in English
- Specific GCSE requirements: GCSE grade C/4 in English Language or Level 2 Functional Skills English pass
International16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- UK: £2312.50 per 30 credits studied per year.
- EU/International: £4125 per 30 credits studied per year.
Living costs for Manchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.