Working in the community, district nurses lead nursing teams to provide care and support for patients with a variety of acute and long-term health conditions.
Many employers require nurses in team leadership roles to have a recognised district nurse qualification.
An opportunity to move your career to the next level, it's also a chance to build your leadership skills and play a more strategic role in how care is delivered in your community.
Careers / Further study
NHS employers increasingly require district nurses to hold the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) recordable specialist practice qualification (SPQ) in district nursing.
You'll be equipped to lead teams of nurses in the community, and to work in more senior roles with this Specialist Practice (District Nursing) (Hons) from University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) . You will be sought after for your leadership skills, strategic thinking, and ability to manage large teams of nurses in challenging and complex environments.
The prescribing module means that as a graduate, you'll also be qualified to prescribe from the Nurse Prescribers Formulary for Community Practitioners.
You could continue your professional development by taking further modules in areas of practice that interest you. You could also continue your studies to master's level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Current Issues in Community Practice
- Evidence and Research in Practice
- Leadership and Innovation
- V100 Prescribing Practice
- Community Specialist Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing View 434 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You will be required to apply for each module, whether you are studying for the full Masters course or individual modules as CPD.
- If you are going to study on a full-time basis, you will need to apply for all the modules you will take in that current academic year at the same time.
- If you are studying part-time, you will need to apply for all the modules you will take in the first year of study at the same time. Applications for modules in the second year of study will be available for you to apply during May of your first year.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.