Graduates with degrees in these areas are highly employable and can look forward to well-paid careers designing and building the digital technologies that underpin the global economy and, indeed, every aspect of human activity from healthcare through music to the making the natural environment sustainable.
Why study the Computing Science?
- Our graduates in Computing Science are recognised by the British Computer Society (BCS), The Chartered Institute for IT, and meet the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered IT Professional (CITP)
- The School of Computing Science has been ranked first for overall student satisfaction in four of the last nine years in the National Student Survey. Courses are designed and taught by researchers who are leaders in their fields
- The School of Computing Science launched the pioneering Centre for Computing Science Education in 2017, in recognition of our commitment to leadership and innovation in educational practice
Graduates of the Computing Science programme of the University of Glasgow have gone on to work for companies such as JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Skyscanner, Yahoo, RBS, and Amazon. Positions include Software Developer, Software Engineer, Python Developer, VR Developer Teacher and Lab Demonstrator.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computing Science - Computing Fundamentals
- Computing Science - Systems
- Computing Science - Computational Thinking
- Java Programming
- Object-oriented Software Engineering
- Algorithmic Foundations
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Artificial Intelligence View 245 other Bachelors in Artificial Intelligence in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
SQA Higher Entry Requirements
- AABB at S5 will be considered. Typically S6 entrants will have AAAAAA at Higher. B at Advanced Higher is equivalent to A at Higher.
- Additional requirements: Higher Mathematics (AH recommended) and Computing (if Higher Mathematics A grade is not achieved in S5).
SQA Higher Adjusted Entry Requirements (by end of S5 or S6)
- MD20 – BBBB (also other target groups)
- MD40 – AABB
- Additional requirements: Higher Mathematics (AH recommended) and Computing (if Higher Mathematics A grade is not achieved in S5). Successful completion of Top-Up or one of our Summer Schools.
A-level Standard Entry Requirements
- AAA – ABB
- Additional requirements: A-level Mathematics.
IB Standard Entry Requirements
- 38 (6,6,6 HL) – 34 (6,5,5 HL)
- Additional requirements: HL Mathematics (Analysis & Approaches).
International23000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23000 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.