By examining life's fundamental questions, philosophy helps to shape the way we think about the world.
What are the ethical, political and social questions we need to ask ourselves? What can we know? And how can we change the world using our knowledge?'
Exploring questions such as these hones and develops your thinking skills, and provides a strong springboard into many professions with this Philosophy (with Foundation Year) (Hons) at University of the West of England (UWE Bristol).
Careers / Further study
Philosophy students at UWE Bristol graduate with the critical thinking, argumentation and communication skills that employers value highly.
You could go into a diverse range of sectors, including teaching, academic research, law, finance, the creative industries, healthcare, social work, not-for-profit organisations (NGOs) or the civil service.
- Academic Skills for Social Sciences
- Exploring the Social World and the Problems of Crime
- From Plato to Nato
- People and Social Science
- Theories of Knowledge
- Ancient Philosophy
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Philosophy & Ethics View 510 other Bachelors in Philosophy & Ethics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Tariff points: 48
- A-level subjects: No specific subjects required.
- EDEXCEL (BTEC) Diploma: No specific subjects required.
- Access: No specific subjects required.
- Baccalaureate IB: No specific subjects required.
- Irish Highers: no specific subjects required.
- GCSE subjects: Grade C/4 or above in English Language or Literature and Mathematics, or equivalent. We do not accept Level 2 Key Skills, Functional Skills or Certificate in Adult Literacy and Numeracy as alternatives to GCSEs.
International14250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14250 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.