Graduates are employed in research in the pharmaceutical industry, forensic science and related areas, and many pursue further postgraduate study in the School.
Why study the Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry?
- You’ll benefit from a lecture course on industrial medicinal chemistry presented by research workers from a pharmaceutical company on topics such as drug/receptor interactions and the design, synthesis, transport and metabolism of important drugs
- Chemistry at the University of Glasgow is ranked 6th in the UK (Complete University Guide 2021), and continues to meet and exceed student expectations, combining both teaching excellence and a supportive learning environment
- This degree programme is professionally accredited by the Royal Society of Chemistry
- The MSci degree offers the opportunity to spend a year doing your placement at a European university before returning to Glasgow for your final year of study
We offer employability and professional development training to our Chemistry students in years 1 and 2 of their degrees.
Our graduates are employed in research in the pharmaceutical industry, forensic science and related areas. Many graduates also go on to postgraduate study or directly into employment in the chemical industry.
Our recent graduates have been employed by EDF Energy, Quotient Clinical, Charles River Laboratories, Adelphi, Reckitt Benckiser, Sterling Medical Innovation and Synergy Outsourcing, among many other companies. Positions include Senior Assistant Scientist, High Potency Production Support Chemist, and Research Associate.
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Chemistry Special Topics
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Chemistry Project
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Human Medicine View 617 other Bachelors in Chemistry in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
SQA Higher Entry Requirements
- BBBB at S5 will be considered. Typically S6 entrants will have AAAB at Higher (B at Advanced Higher is equivalent to A at Higher).
- Additional requirements: Higher Mathematics and Chemistry.
SQA Higher Adjusted Entry Requirements (by end of S5 or S6)
- MD20 – BBBB (also other target groups)
- MD40 – AABB
- Additional requirements: Higher Mathematics and Chemistry. Successful completion of Top-Up or one of our Summer Schools.
A-level Standard Entry Requirements
- ABB – BBB
- Additional requirements: A-level Mathematics and Chemistry.
IB Standard Entry Requirements
- 36 (6,6,5 HL) – 32 (6,5,5 HL)
- Additional requirements: HL Mathematics (Analysis & Approaches) and Chemistry.
International23950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23950 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Scotland: £1,820 per annum
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.