Graphic design makes a powerful contribution to the cultural and economic life of contemporary society.
It exists in the public domain, acts as an indicator of current cultural thinking and is a catalyst for social, cultural and political change.
The role of the graphic designer in society and the professional world is multifaceted; designer as curator, author, craftsperson, editor, educator, collaborator and agitator.
Studying Graphic Design (Hons) from University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) is excellent preparation for a creative career in the UK and abroad.
Careers / Further study
Tailoring what and how you study, you can shape the course towards your chosen career path.
As this is an industry that's constantly evolving, we'll also prepare you for where the market is heading. You'll have the flexibility and breadth of skills to take your talents in different directions.
Our students go on to successful careers as graphic designers, art directors, digital designers, creatives, studio managers and account managers for a range of high-profile studios and companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Communicating with Words and Images
- Critical Perspectives
- Professional Practice and Work Experience
- Exploring Graphic Design Process
- Creative Analysis
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Graphic Design View 560 other Bachelors in Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Tariff points: 112
- A-level subjects: No specific subjects required.
- EDEXCEL (BTEC) Diploma: No specific subjects required.
- Access: No specific subjects required.
- Baccalaureate IB: No specific subjects required.
- Irish Highers: no specific subjects required.
All applicants will also require:
- GCSE subjects: Grade C/4 in English Literature or Language, or equivalent. We do not accept Level 2 Key Skills, Functional Skills or Certificates in Adult Literacy and Numeracy as suitable alternatives to GCSEs.
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.