Discover the environments in which we spend our lives and learn how they are formed and fabricated. You'll apply conceptual processes, creative tools, management strategies and develop research skills to design a variety of public and private interior/spatial projects.You'll also develop a broad repertoire of high-level representation and visualisation skills using industry-standard software programs and technical expertise. And, you'll learn to capitalise on new technologies and materials in the construction of indoor and outdoor 3D spaces.
Course learning outcomes
The variety of interior architecture design projects that Swinburne students undertake reflects the vast range of career paths graduates are able to stream into. Among other possibilities, graduates of Interior Architecture may pursue careers in: exhibition, furniture, set design, retail, education, hospitality, residential, commercial, high-rise tenancies, community and urban projects.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- 20th Century Design
- History of Interior Architecture
- Interior Architecture Communication
- Interior Architecture Studio 1 - Space, Form and Human Occupation
- Interior Architecture Digital Documentation 1
- Contemporary Design Issues
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Interior Design View 27 other Bachelors in Interior Design in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS code- 085306A
- Successful completion of the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) or its equivalent, such as an interstate or international Year 12 qualification.
- VCE Prerequisites: Units 3 and 4: a minimum study score of 25 in English (or equivalent) or 30 in English (EAL); and Units 3 and 4: a minimum study score of 20 in one of Art, Interactive Digital Media C or VCE VET Creative and Digital Media, Product Design and Technology, Media, Studio Arts or Visual Communication Design.
- Students with a Year 12 equivalent must attain relevant corresponding score in art, design or media subject at that level.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International34200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34200 AUD per year during 48 months.
National8021 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8021 AUD per year during 48 months.
National fee is Commonwealth Supported
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.