Gain technical expertise in power system design, electronics, control systems, signal processing and embedded systems. Learn how to apply skills and knowledge in the design, construction, operation and maintenance of electronics and electrical energy infrastructure. Graduates are eligible to apply for graduate membership of Engineers Australia.
Graduates of the Engineering (Electrical and Electronic) (Honours) from the Swinburne University of Technology may find employment in a number of different engineering areas depending on their chosen major and specialisation. These areas include Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Robotics and Mechatronics Engineering, and Product Design Engineering.
Electrical and Electronic graduates may find employment as an electrical engineer, electronics engineer, communications, engineer, power engineer or design engineer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Electrical Machines
- Circuits & Electronics
- Power Protection
- Engineering Technology Inquiry Project
- Engineering Technology Design Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology Software Engineering View 83 other Bachelors in Software Engineering in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS code: 107337H
Successful completion of:
- the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) or its equivalent, such as an interstate or international Year 12 qualification.
- completion or partial completion of an approved tertiary qualification (including Diplomas, Advanced Diplomas, Associate Degrees and Degrees).
- VCE Units 3 and 4 – a minimum study score of 25 in any English (except EAL) or 30 in English as an Additional Language (EAL) or equivalent.
- VCE Units 3 and 4: a minimum study score of 20 in Mathematical Methods (CAS) or equivalent.
Applicants who do not meet the mathematics prerequisites for this course will be required to successfully complete Swinburne’s MathsLink Methods bridging program
Satisfactory completion of one of the following:
- Swinburne’s English for Academic Purposes (EAP 5 Advanced level) with overall 65%, all skills 65%
- Or equivalent
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International40600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40600 AUD per year during 48 months.
National8021 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8021 AUD per year during 48 months.
National fee is Commonwealth supported
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.