Designers don’t just make things beautiful and purposeful, they create the items that we come to rely on every day, the ideas that propel us forward and change the world. After all, where would we be without Times New Roman, WhatsApp, or the Nike Swoosh?
All our bachelor degrees include a guaranteed Work Integrated Learning opportunity, which could be a placement, internship or industry-linked project. In your final-year Captone Project, you’ll team up with other students to work on an industry-related project relevant to your major area of study. For example, communication design students worked on projects briefed by the City of Boroondara, City of Melbourne, Melbourne Water and Metro Tunnel.
Explore the communication imperative in a commercial environment and learn how to respond confidently to design problems. Explore an area of specialisation and produce a portfolio that demonstrates diverse idea generation and production skills.
Course learning outcomes
On successful completion of the Bachelor of Design (Communication Design) from the Swinburne University of Technology , graduates will be able to:
- develop knowledge and cognitive skills to review critically, analyse, consolidate and synthesise and apply this with initiative and judgement
- demonstrate technical and practical skills, and a broad understanding of key concepts in their chosen field of study
- critically apply knowledge, cognitive and creative skills to exercise critical thinking and judgment in identifying and solving problems independently and collaboratively, in diverse contexts
- articulate a clear, coherent and independent exposition of knowledge and ideas to different audiences and stakeholders
- apply a value system that includes empathy, principles of sustainability and respectful design, to their knowledge and scholarship of design practice
- implement an organised schedule to deliver a complex design project which may include research, group work, academics, industry professionals, students and other stakeholder.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Visual Communication Studio
Typography for Print and Interactive Publication
Design for Production
Communication Design Capstone Project
Communication Design Strategy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Communication Studies View 163 other Bachelors in Design in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 088395D
International students must successfully complete any subject in art, design or media equivalent to Year 12.
- IELTS overall band of 6.0 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 6.0
- Swinburne’s English for Academic Purposes (EAP 5 Advanced level) with overall 65%, all skills 65%
- Or equivalent measures available at English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International35640 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35640 AUD per year during 36 months.
National8021 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8021 AUD per year during 36 months.
National fee is Commonwealth Supported
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.