Why study BSc Psychology with Forensic Psychology (Hons) at Goldsmiths, University of London?
- You will develop a thorough understanding of the key issues and debates that relate to psychology and forensic psychology
- As part of our mentoring scheme you will be allocated a member of academic staff with forensic psychology expertise, who will advise you on career options and employability, as well as opportunities to gain more relevant experience
- You will gain a wide range of transferable skills associated with the practice of psychology, including critical thinking, analytical skills, reflection, self-motivation, planning and organisation
- You will be actively encouraged to seek opportunities for summer internships or other work experience placements to further build on your skills and knowledge
- During your final year of study you will carry out a research project under close supervision of a member of faculty in the Department of Psychology whose research interests and expertise are in the forensic psychology field. You will learn about all aspects of research in the area of forensic psychology, which forms one of the roots of our research-led teaching
- Working and learning in an applied fashion will allow you to gain an appreciation of how to use available evidence-bases to inform practice, and how research can feed back into the working process
- Teaching in the style of small group tutorials and lab classes will provide you with particular focus on applying your learning to a forensic context
- Dr Fiona Gabbert has an international research track record in investigative interviewing
- Dr Ashok Jansari brings his interest in exceptional face recognition abilities from CCTV images
- Dr Caoimhe McAnena a Chartered Forensic Psychologist with expertise in the assessment and treatment of offenders
The BSc in Psychology with Forensic Psychology would allow you to progress to specialised MSc courses, such as our MSc in Forensic Psychology.
You will be encouraged (with full support) to actively seek opportunities for summer internships or other work experience placements to further build on your skills and knowledge, and increase your potential employability on graduating. You can find out more about career options after graduating on our Psychology careers page.
The degree is accredited by the British Psychological Society as conferring eligibility for Graduate Membership of the Society and also the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership, which is the first step towards becoming a Chartered Psychologist.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biological Substrates of Behaviour
- Personality and Individual Differences
- Social Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Design and Analysis of Psychological Studies
- Cognitive Psychology
- Research Methods in Psychology
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Forensic Science View 182 other Bachelors in Forensic Science in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-level: BBB
- BTEC: DDM
- International Baccalaureate: 33 points overall with Three HL subjects at 655
- Access: Pass with 45 Level 3 credits including 30 Distinctions and a number of merits/passes in subject-specific modules
- Scottish qualifications: BBBBC (Higher) or BBC (Advanced Higher)
- European Baccalaureate: 75%
- Irish Leaving Certificate: H2 H2 H2 H2
- You should normally have at least Grade B/Grade 6 in GCSE (or equivalent) in Mathematics or Statistics, and English.
International18100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18100 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.