Why study BA Politics and International Relations (Hons) at Goldsmiths, University of London ?
- We offer a distinctive approach that combines the study of politics and international relations, giving you the opportunity to gain broad knowledge and experience of both disciplines.
- The Department of Politics and International Relations provides a lively interdisciplinary environment, specialising in the study of institutions and conflicts in a way that crosses boundaries between traditional understandings of political phenomena.
- You’ll be able to choose from an unusually wide range of module options which explore the aesthetics of terrorism, critical approaches to security, the politics of development, US politics and foreign policy, the geopolitics of the Middle East, and contemporary movements from the Arab Spring to ISIS. We offer a range of area-based modules covering the Middle East, China and East Asia, Africa and Latin America.
- We have a lively events programme that attracts renowned speakers, meaning that you'll have the opportunity to hear the latest political arguments, theories and ideas.
- Our unique work placement module gives you the opportunity to gain work experience relevant to the degree and we also give you the opportunity to study abroad.
This programme will develop you intellectually, and will enhance your transferable and communication skills – learning to plan your workload, to research solutions, and to express your ideas coherently.
Our politics graduates go on to a wide variety of careers. Some go on to postgraduate study or further training in law, accountancy, social work, business administration, or to specialise in one area of their academic studies, whilst others go directly into employment.
Recent politics graduates have found employment in administration and management; in various departments of central and local government; in finance, in the media; in research and computing; in voluntary agencies; in health, education and housing management; the probation service; in company management, and as lecturers and teachers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Political Theory and Ideologies
- UK and European Comparative Governance and Politics
- World Politics
- Economic Policy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science View 788 other Bachelors in Political Science in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-level: BBB
- BTEC: DDM
- International Baccalaureate: 33 points overall with Three HL subjects at 655
- Access: Pass with 45 Level 3 credits including 30 Distinctions and a number of merits/passes in subject-specific modules
- Scottish qualifications: BBBBC (Higher) or BBC (Advanced Higher)
- European Baccalaureate: 75%
- Irish Leaving Certificate: H2 H2 H2 H2
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17560 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17560 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.