If you’re planning a career in accountancy or the financial sector, studying Accountancy and Finance (Hons) at the University of Stirling is the perfect starting point. Stirling ranks among the top 20 institutions to study Accountancy and Finance in the UK (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022), boasting top class teaching and multiple industry accreditation.
Studying Accountancy and Finance gives you the capability to prepare, present and interpret financial information for a wide range of organisations, and the skills you learn will enable investors, lenders, management and others to make key decisions based on financial details. Our combined Accountancy and Finance course includes content specifically geared towards entering the banking and investment industries.
The ideal path to a career in accountancy combines a university degree with recognised professional qualifications. The BAcc Hons Accountancy and Finance at Stirling has been created with this in mind, and successful completion of the course will result in many professional bodies giving you significant exemptions from their exams.
What jobs can I get with an Accountancy and Finance degree?
A wide range of companies, individuals and financial institutions require the analytical skills and professional judgment developed by Accountancy and Finance graduates. In comparison to our single Bachelor of Accountancy course, Accounting and Finance offers an added specialisation geared towards entering professions in the banking and investment industries. As you study for your accounting degree at the University of Stirling, you can take advantage of our range of career services.
- Accountancy and Finance graduates from Stirling are working across the world for companies including JP Morgan, IBM, RBS and many more.
- Your degree grants you exemption from many industry exams, getting you off to a flying start in your journey to becoming a fully qualified Accountant.
- Our Accountancy and Finance course includes additional content geared specifically towards a career in the banking and investment industries.
Recent Accountancy and Finance graduates from the University of Stirling have started their careers in some of the following roles:
- Trainee Financial Advisor, Greaves, West and Ayre
- Part Qualified Accountant, Yousaf and Co Ltd
- Audit Associate, Deloitte UK
- Graduate Finance Analyst, Aston Martin
Graduates who left Stirling up to ten years ago have forged careers in positions such as:
- Senior Analyst, Lloyds Banking Group
- Business Services Manager, RSM Tenon
- Assurance Technician, Ernst and Young
- Management Accountant, Standard Life plc
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland (ICAS)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mathematics for Business
- Accounting and Finance for Managers
- Business and Corporate Law
- Applied Management Accounting
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Accounting Taxation View 761 other Bachelors in Finance in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Stirling and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- AABB – by the end of S5
- AAAB – by the end of S6
BTEC (Level 3)
- Mathematics National 5 (B), Intermediate 2 (C), Standard Grade (3), GCSE (C/4) or equivalent
- Mathematics at Higher, A-level or equivalent
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15900 GBP per year during 36 months.
National1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1820 GBP per year during 36 months.
- Students from England, Wales and Northern Ireland: £9,250
Living costs for Stirling
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.