Powerful new techniques, such as those of molecular genetics and NMR spectroscopy, enable us to analyse biological phenomena in more and more precise molecular terms. These studies have led to valuable developments in drug design and synthesis, forensic science, environmental monitoring and a whole range of other areas.
The Biochemistry - Molecular and Cellular course from the University of Oxford studies have led to valuable developments in drug design and synthesis, forensic science, environmental monitoring and a whole range of other areas. Furthermore, advances in biochemistry are largely responsible for the breakdown of traditional disciplinary boundaries between cell biology, medicine, physics and chemistry.
Biochemists play an important role in biological, environmental and clinical fields, with employment areas stretching from healthcare through forensic science to the food and pharmaceutical industries. Typically about 60% of our biochemistry graduates go on to do research or further study, mostly in the biochemistry field, while others find employment in industry, commerce or other areas, such as finance and the law.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cellular biochemistry
- Molecular biochemistry
- Mechanistic biochemistry
- Physical biochemistry
- Quantitative biochemistry
- Tool boxes for biochemistry
- Information transfer in biological systems
- Molecular processes in the cell
- Cellular chemistry
- The cell in time and space
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMolecular Sciences Biochemistry Genetics View 349 other Masters in Genetics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-levels: A*AA with A* in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry or Biology, or a closely related subject
- Advanced Highers: AA/AAB
- IB: 39 (including core points) with 7 in HL Chemistry and 6 in two other relevant subjects at HL or SL
- Chemistry to A-level, Advanced Higher, Higher Level in the IB or any other equivalent, plus another science or Mathematics.
- Mathematics to A-level or the equivalent is recommended to students in completing the course and, although not required for admission, may make an application more competitive.
International36065 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36065 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Islands (Channel Islands & Isle of Man) £9,250
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.