With this BSc (Hons) Professional Development in Nursing at University of Plymouth you will also gain the confidence and expertise to enhance your professional nursing practice and move your career forward.
- Focus on professional issues and development in your own field of practice on a programme that acknowledges the diversity in the work settings of registered nurses and provides educational opportunities for adult, child, learning disability and mental health nurses.
- Undertake a programme developed alongside contemporary concerns about nursing which focuses on compassion, fundamental care skills and recognition of the standards of care and practice to ensure patients receive the highest level of care.
- Examine your own practice area, reflect on your own practice and have the chance to discuss and network with your peers, helping you to build professional networks and support whilst undertaking further study.
- Build your own self-esteem, motivation for learning and clinical decision making skills and have the chance to improve your professional practice through critical analysis.
- Underpin your interventions with the best available evidence, contemporary knowledge and high-level clinical decision-making skills.
- Develop confidence, competence and emotional resilience to consistently exercise personal responsibility and professional accountability for decision making and the provision of high-quality safe care.
- Flexibly designed programme aimed to allow you to complete your studies in as little as a year or with the option to ‘step on and step off’ over a five-year period in response to service need and professional circumstances.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Leadership and innovation
- Contemporary issues in health and social care
- Integrated advancing practice
- Integrated community and primary care in context
- Understanding Evidence to Inform Clinical Decision Making
- Independent Study
- Clinical Decision Making in Healthcare Practice
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Healthcare Practice
- Study Skills and Professional Values
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing View 387 other Bachelors in Nursing in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Plymouth and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- To be eligible for the BSc or BSc (Hons) programme you will need to be either a registered health and social care professional or a health and social care worker in possession of previous study at level 5 (foundation degree /diploma of higher education).
- If you wish to undertake the graduate certificate and graduate diploma award pathways you must already hold an honours degree at 2:2 or above in a health or health related subject.
- If you wish to undertake any clinical skills modules as part of your programme you will need to be working in an environment where you can meet the learning outcomes.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also provide evidence of competence in written and spoken English in accordance with the University’s Admissions Code of Practice
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
The fee for this programme is dependent on the modules undertaken.
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.