With this BSc (Hons) Nutrition, Exercise and Health course at University of Plymouth , you’ll graduate ready for employment in the food or fitness industries, health promotion, lifestyle education or public health.
You will benefit from a course accredited by the Association for Nutrition which allows graduates direct entry onto the register of Associate Nutritionists. You’ll develop practical skills, critical awareness and proficiencies required for professional competence. You can enhance your career prospects by taking an optional placement year. You will also have the opportunity to earn a Level 3 Personal Training award.
- Study with the Faculty of Health and benefit from strong links with nursing, health professions and psychology.
- Benefit from accreditation by the Association for Nutrition which allows graduates to apply for direct entry onto the register of Associate Nutritionists.
- Boost your employability by taking the option to complete a professional work placement.
- Develop practical skills, critical awareness and proficiencies required for professional competence.
Careers with this subject:
This degree is accredited with the Association for Nutrition which allows graduates direct entry onto the register of Associate Nutritionists. Nutritionists work with clients to improve their health, control their weight or to improve their sports performance. They may work in public health to provide lifestyle education to individuals and groups and develop public health policy.
Nutritionists also work in the food industry advising on nutrition labelling, composition of food products and devising menus for schools, prisons, weight loss companies and hospitals. Also offered, as part of this programme, is a Level 3 personal Training award. This allows graduates to work in the leisure or fitness industries as a personal trainer and advise on appropriate exercise for clients.
Further postgraduate study is possible for careers in dietetics, physiotherapy, cardiac rehabilitation, exercise physiology, physician associate studies and other health and sports related careers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biomedical Investigation and Experimentation
- Human Anatomy and Physiology: Cells to Systems
- Human Metabolism
- Infection and Immunity
- Study skills and personal development
- Psychobiological and Cognitive Aspects of Health Behaviour
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nutrition & Dietetics View 168 other Bachelors in Nutrition & Dietetics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Plymouth and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- UCAS tariff
104 - 120
GCSE: Grade C/4 or above in Mathematics and English. Consideration may be given to equivalent qualifications such as Functional Skills.
Plus one of the following:
- A level: 104-120 tariff points to include a minimum of 3 A levels, including grade B in Biology/Human Biology and grade C in second science. Excluding General Studies.
Relevant second sciences: Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Applied Science, Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, Geology, Geography, Psychology, Physical Education, and Food/Nutrition Technology.
Access to HE Diploma: Pass an Access to HE Diploma with 33 Level 3 credits at merit or distinction, including 15 Level 3 credits in Biology and 18 Level 3 credits in Chemistry, Maths, or Physics.
- International Baccalaureate: 26–29 points overall to include Grade 5 in Higher Level Biology and Grade 5 in a second relevant science.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16300 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.