Entry into the Medicine and Surgery programme of The University of Auckland is limited and competitive. You will be selected on the basis of academic merit, University Clinical Aptitude Test for Australia and New Zealand (UCAT ANZ) performance and personal qualities exhibited during the admission interview (MMI). There are 257 domestic places available each year.
Those who complete the Medical Programme are eligible to apply for provisional registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You might choose primary health care and work in general practice, or choose from a range of other specialist disciplines.
Students interested in research may defer clinical MBChB studies after Part III and take a year pursuing a supervised research project of their choice to qualify for a BMedSc(Hons) degree before returning to complete their clinical training and graduating with both qualifications.
We advise that the University of Auckland is not involved in the employment of graduates and can make no guarantee of post-qualification registration or employment in New Zealand or any other country.
Accredited by the Australian Medical Council on behalf of the Medical Council of New Zealand.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health Systems
- Health and Society
- Population Health
- Behaviour, Health and Development
- Biology for Biomedical Science: Cellular Processes and Development
- Chemistry of the Living World
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Domestic 1 October
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 51 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- First year applicants need to complete the eight required courses (listed below) in the first year of either the Bachelor of Health Sciences (BHSc) or the Bachelor of Science (BSc) Biomedical Science at the University of Auckland.
- You will need to achieve a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 6.0 across all eight first year courses, with no fails, to be eligible for consideration for an admission interview
- Interview Ranking
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International55270 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 55270 USD per year during 72 months.
National5204 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5204 USD per year during 72 months.
- Domestic students: NZ$7,279.20 – $16,182 per year
- International students: NZ$77,328 per year
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.