During the Dance Studies programme of The University of Auckland students will grow as educators, performers, choreographers and researchers. Your award-winning teachers will help you develop confidence in leading others and working in teams.
We focus on contemporary, cultural and community dance, interacting with different dance forms and working with people of all ages and abilities. Regular teaching and performance opportunities give you the chance to apply what you’ve learned while building your professional networks. Dance Studies operates in a family-orientated environment where your individual talents and background are valued.
New Zealand’s professional dance industry requires articulate performers, choreographers, educators, production specialists and directors. Graduates confidently create their own businesses such as dance studios, dance companies and event management companies. Many also gain employment as dance teachers (at early childhood, primary and secondary level) or as production assistants in creative fields.
Jobs related to this programme
- Artistic director
- Arts administrator/manager
- Community dance practitioner
- Dance photographer/journalist
- Dance teacher (Primary school arts specialist)
- Dance teacher (Secondary school dance specialist)
- Professional choreographer
- Professional dancer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Dance Vocabulary
- Dance Education
- Kapa Haka
- Pacific Music and Dance
- Dance History and Contexts
- Contemporary Dance and Choreography
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Theatre & Dance View 7 other Bachelors in Theatre & Dance in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma with a minimum total score of 24.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level. You must have completed a minimum of three A-Level subjects with at least a 'C' grade or higher. General Studies or similar general papers cannot be included.
- Cambridge International Examinations (CIE).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25248 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25248 USD per year during 36 months.
National4849 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4849 USD per year during 36 months.
- Domestic students: NZ$7,279.20 per year
- International students: NZ$37,895 per year
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.