At BA (Hons) Digital Media Design programme at University of Plymouth you’ll get a chance to make games, websites, apps, interactive and virtual reality experiences. At the cutting edge of art and design for 28 years the Institute of Digital Art and Technology has graduates across in digital creative industries worldwide – including Apple, Nintendo, Spotify and Sony.
With extensive use of our Immersive Media Lab, Digital Fabrication Lab and high-end computer suites you’ll work across Adobe, full-stack web development and Unity/Unreal game engines. The course includes working on live industry briefs and even launching your own business. Transferable skills like research and analysis are supported throughout and assessment is 100% coursework.
- Stay one step ahead with a programme designed in close collaboration with industry leaders to ensure technologies, skills and techniques are bang up to date.
- Access all areas – keep working into the evening in our dedicated lab space open until 10.00pm, and take advantage of our other amazing facilities, including a 35 seat, 360° immersive vision theatre.
- Your assessments are 100% coursework – no exams!
- Be inspired by lecturers who are experts in their field, with backgrounds in both industry and research. The exciting work going on in our research groups, i-DAT and Transtech, feeds back into the teaching on this course.
- Get ready for work - take the optional Placement Year (after your second year) and secure a paid placement in industry. You’ll gain invaluable professional experience.
- Our graduates have gone on to work in some of the biggest tech, design and games companies worldwide including: Electronic Arts, IBM, Yahoo and Reddit!
- Broaden your horizons with great enrichment activities including overseas field trips in Amsterdam, Berlin and Barcelona to attend conferences and visit galleries.
- Professional networking is vital within the creative industries – we embed our students within local, national and international networks, conferences and festivals such as Digital Plymouth, Art Futura, CodeMotion and Transmediale
- Get exclusive insights with talks from guest speakers from the creative arts and technology industries.
Our students go into exciting careers as:
- Digital Media Producers
- Web and App Developers
- Game Artists and Developers
- 3D Modellers, Animators and Motionographers
- User Experience and User Interface Designers
- Social Media Consultants
- Virtual Reality Producers
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Digital Culture
- Web Technologies
- Creative Coding
- Digital Making
- Disruptive Design Strategies
- Media Design Practice
- Stage 1 Placement Preparation
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Media Studies & Mass Media View 498 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS tariff
96 - 112
- A Levels
- International baccalaureate
- BTEC National Diploma modules: If you hold a BTEC qualification it is vital that you provide our Admissions team with details of the exact modules you have studied as part of the BTEC. Without this information we may be unable to process your application quickly and you could experience significant delays in the progress of your application to study with us.
- Pass a named Access to Higher Education Diploma with at least 33 credits at merit and/or distinction.
- GCSE: Five passes including Mathematics and English Language grade C. Equivalent qualifications may be considered.
- Applicants are not required to share a portfolio with us, however, doing so may allow us to guarantee you a place or consider applications that do not meet the normal academic requirements.
International14200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14200 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.