Grounded in core computer science, the BSc (Hons) Cyber Security course at University of Plymouth develops the knowledge and skills to design, develop and manage secure systems to produce highly employable cyber security professionals.
Being very applied in nature, you will spend a significant proportion of your time in our Security and Forensics Laboratory putting theory in practice whilst working alongside world-leading academics.
- Make use of our links to professional and industry bodies, including the Chartered Institute of Information Security Academic Partnership
- Pursue industry-recognised professional certifications, such as the EC-Council’s Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), forensics ACE (AccessData Certified Examiner).
- Access a wide variety of specialist software and up-to-date facilities, including a dedicated security and forensics lab.
- Enhance your knowledge of a variety of computing disciplines, including programming, networking, databases, data centres and defensive coding.
- Benefit from specialised course material covering the legal and regulatory aspects of cyber security.
- Seeking accreditation by BCS for 2020.
- Academic Partner status by the Chartered Institute of Information Security (CIISec).
- Hone your research skills - we work closely with our Centre for Cyber Security, Communications and Network Research
A wide variety of career opportunities exist within the field of cyber security, with the marketplace for jobs increasing year on year. Historically, the demand for security professionals has historically outstripped many IT roles. Typical career profiles include secure software developer, penetration tester, digital forensic examiner, intrusion analyst and information systems auditor. Our graduates have gone on to work for organisations such as: Lockheed Martin, L3, BT, RSA, the Met Office, Apple and Microsoft.
Seeking accreditation from BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT accredited degree
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Stage 1 Computing Placement Preparation
Software Engineering 1&2
Cyber Security and Networks
Algorithms, Data Structures and Mathematics
Stage 2 Computing Placement Preparation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Cyber Security View 1042 other Bachelors in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
112 - 120
- GCSE: English C/4 and mathematics grade B/5. If you have a grade C/4 in mathematics please contact the admissions team
- A levels: A typical offer is 112-120 points from a minimum of 2 A levels in any subject.
- IB: 27-30 overall – English and mathematics must be included
- 18 Unit BTEC National Diploma/QCF Extended Diploma: DMM-DDM – science related subjects: IT, Humanities, Engineering, Software Development, IT Practitioners, Business, Computing, Science (GCSE English C/4 and Mathematics grade C/5.
- BTEC National Diploma modules: If you hold a BTEC qualification it is vital that you provide our Admissions team with details of the exact modules you have studied as part of the BTEC
- All Access courses: 33 credits at merit and/or distinction and to include at least 12 level 3 credits in mathematics with merit. Including a minimum of GCSE English and mathematics grade C/4
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14600 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Part time (Home) £770
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.