In the 2020 National Student Survey, 92% of students felt staff on this course were good at explaining things and 96% found the course intellectually stimulating.* BSc (Hons) Biological Sciences at University of Plymouth focuses on biology of a wide range of environments from soils and the oceans to hydrothermal vents and volcanic lakes.
Our biological science students have tremendous opportunities to gain the knowledge and skills necessary for employment in a variety of work settings. Our hands-on approach to teaching and learning throughout the course will provide you with the topical skills and experience that you can apply to the wide range of career options as graduates.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Development in Biological Sciences 1
- Biological Sciences Field Biology
- Cells: The Building Blocks of Life
- Ecology and the Diversity of Life
- Principles of Physiology
- Evolution and Behaviour
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Natural Sciences Ecology View 894 other Bachelors in Biology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS tariff 112 - 128
- To include A level Biology and a second relevant subject (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Geography, Geology, Environmental Science or Environmental Studies, Applied Science, Marine Science, Science in Society, Use of Maths) at grade C.
- International Baccalaureate 30 diploma points overall, to include 5 diploma points in Biology (Higher Level) plus 5 diploma points in second science at Higher Level. English and Mathematics must be included.
- Access To Higher Education Science-based diplomas, 33 credits in science-based units at merit including a minimum of 12 credits in biology units.
- We would usually expect GCSE English and Mathematics at grade C / 4, or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14600 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.