All the Biology-related majors at Columbia University require one year of introductory biology, plus additional courses as detailed in the major requirements and listed on the website.
- For the first term of their introductory biology sequence, students may take either BIOL UN2005 Introductory Biology I: Biochemistry, Genetics & Molecular Biology, which has a prerequisite of chemistry, or EEEB UN2001 Environmental Biology I: Elements to Organisms, which does not require chemistry. EEEB UN2001 Environmental Biology I: Elements to Organisms may be taken in the first year.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Biology I: Biochemistry, Genetics & Molecular Biology
- Contemporary Biology Laboratory
- Neurobiology I: Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology
- Developmental Biology
- Cellular and Molecular Immunology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biochemistry Genetics View 1877 other Bachelors in Biochemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Autobiographical information
- Lists and descriptions of a student’s achievements, activities, employment and summer activities
- Personal essay
- An official high school transcript from all high schools attended
- One high school counselor’s recommendation and school profile
- The completed Mid-Year Report
- SAT or ACT
- Applicants may self-report their scores
- English proficiency examination score (if necessary)
- These recommendations must come from teachers who taught you in academic disciplines
- For engineering applicants, one must come from a math or science teacher
International60098 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30049 USD per semester during 48 months.
National60098 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30049 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.