A key feature of the Optometry course at Aston is the hands-on clinical experience that you will benefit from throughout all years of your degree. You will use our unique virtual patient simulators to help you develop initial clinical skills, and then later encounter real patients in our fully functioning Optometry clinics.
You will help to provide patients with a full range of eye care services under the close supervision of our clinical staff, including ophthalmologists, optometrists, orthoptists and dispensing opticians.
Your future career
The Optometry (Hons) programme offered at the Aston University graduates enter careers in hospitals, community-based practice, private practice, the optical industry, optometry research, and roles outside healthcare. Some undertake postgraduate courses.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Medical Biology and Pathology
- Clinical Practice
- Basic Investigative Techniques
- Clinical Visual Biology
- Ophthalmic Lenses
- Optics and Medical Imaging
- Vision and Visual Perception
- Personal and Professional Development
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 422 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Level
- AAA OR AAB (including a minimum of two science subjects from: Biology, Chemistry, Maths or Physics)
- Are welcomed with the relevant A Level subjects, please see below for further details
- International Baccalaureate diploma
- 32 Overall (HL 6, 6, 6 must include two science subjects from: Biology, Chemistry, Maths or Physics)
- Five GCSEs in total which must include grade B/5 Mathematics, C/4 English Language and the rest at grade C/4
International19300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19300 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
- UK students During placement year: £ 1,250
- International/EU students During placement year:£2,500
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.