Our BSc Biological Sciences course is accredited by the Royal Society of Biology (RSB). RSB accredited degree programmes contain a solid academic foundation in biological knowledge and key skills, preparing graduates to address the needs of employers. The criteria set by the RSB requires evidence that graduates from accredited programmes meet defined sets of learning outcomes, including subject knowledge, technical ability and transferable skills.
Students who achieve a minimum of 60% in their second year will be given the option to transfer onto our integrated masters MBiol programme. Our MBiol Biological Sciences course holds Advanced Degree Accreditation by the RSB*. This advanced accreditation recognises academic excellence in the biosciences, and highlights degrees that educate the research and development leaders and innovators of the future. The criteria require evidence that graduates from the course meet defined sets of learning outcomes, including gaining a substantial period of research experience.
- biological industries in roles such as laboratory technician and research assistant.
In addition to scientific positions, some graduates enter general management and personnel work, as well as product development and marketing, while others move into teaching, continue with further research or study including MSc and PhD qualifications.
Recent destinations include:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Asterand Bioscience
- Aston University
- Berwick Partners
- IVC Brunel Healthcare
- National Milk Laboratories
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cells to Systems
- Microbiology and Genetics
- Metabolic Physiology for Biology
- Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- Mechanisms of Pathology
- Human Disease
- Cell Signalling and Physiology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Human Medicine Biochemistry View 693 other Bachelors in Biochemistry in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Five GCSEs which must include Maths and English Language all at grade C/4. Please note we do not accept Key skills or Functional skills in place of these.
- BBB in three A Level subjects including Biology.
- BBC in three A Level subjects including Biology and B in either Core Maths or Extended Project Qualification (EPQ).
- BCC in three A Level subjects including Biology for our contextual offer scheme.
- IB: 31 points overall and must include grades 5, 5, 5 in Higher Level subjects which must include Biology. You must also have Standard Level grade 5 in both Mathematics and English Language.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19300 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- UK students During placement year: £ 1,250
- International/EU students During placement year: £2,500
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.