We advise Environmental Science and Policy majors to jointly major or minor in either anthropology, economics or geography, or pursue a minor/option in journalism, public relations in journalism, political science, public administration or international studies, depending on the student’s career goals and interests.
Graduates of this B.A. degree at California State University Long Beach are especially well prepared for positions in state and local government, private consulting firms, energy companies, news organizations, environmental advocacy groups, consulting firms, and public relations firms.
Graduates are prepared to directly enter Ph.D. programs in economics and geography, as well as MBA programs in environmental science and management, MA programs in economics or geography, and law school.
- Have a broad understanding of Earth systems.
- Ability to apply Economic principles to analyze environmental problems.
- Ability to integrate legal principles with environmental science and policy.
- The ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team to solve environmental problems.
- The ability to apply natural and social sciences to solve an environmental problem.
- California Ecosystems
- Environmental Law and Policy
- Earth Systems and Global Change
- Environmental Issues of the World Economy
- Applied Environmental and Natural Resource Economics
- Remote Sensing
- Geographic Information Science for Natural Sciences
- Public Policy
- Public Policy Analysis
- Land Use Planning
- Environmental Politics
- Landscape Restoration
- People As Agents of Environmental Change
- Hazards and Risk Management
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Environmental Economics & Policy Environmental Sciences View 254 other Bachelors in Environmental Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete each of the courses in the comprehensive pattern of college preparatory subject requirements with a grade of C or higher prior to high school graduation.
- Graduate from high school by the end of the Spring term prior to Fall enrollment.
- All transcripts from all institutions attended
- SAT/ACT scores
Graduates of California high schools and other California residents:
- 2.5 GPA or greater in college preparatory subjects, AND 3,200 minimum “CSULB Index” to be considered, for non-STEM major
- a 3,600 minimum “STEM Index” for STEM majors. (Be aware this is higher than the minimum for CSU system-wide eligibility.)
Other non-California residents:
- 3.0 GPA or greater in college preparatory subjects, AND 3,500 minimum “CSULB Index” to be considered, for non-STEM major
- a 3,600 minimum “STEM Index” for STEM majors.
International5742 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2871 USD per semester during 48 months.
National5742 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2871 USD per semester during 48 months.
- If you are not a resident of California you must add $396 to the above totals for each unit of credit you take.
Living costs for Long Beach
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.