The Politics and Social Policy (Hons) course offered at the Aston University deals with many topical issues, and as a result we try to incorporate current media coverage and public debates into class discussions and to link these to academic research and commentary wherever possible.
There is a much stronger emphasis on reading and on your own private, independent study than at pre-degree level. To help you manage your learning, we set out your work for the year in an online student guide. This includes full details of all modules including week-by-week lecture breakdowns, reading lists and all coursework assignments for the year with the relevant deadlines. The University offers training courses in study skills,
Placement yearThe placement year is an opportunity for you to set your studies in context and gain valuable professional experience. It is highly attractive to potential employers and many of our students are offered graduate jobs by their placement employer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Studying and Researching Politics
- British Politics since 1990
- Critical Debates in Society and Policy
- From Social Problems to Public Policies
- Becoming a Social Scientist
- The Making of the Modern World
- Introduction to the European Union
- What’s Trending (Current Affairs in Politics and International Relations)
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development View 132 other Masters in International Development in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- ABB from 3 A Levels. General Studies accepted.
- A Level applicants who select this course as their Firm UCAS choice may be eligible for our lowered offer scheme. This means that the grades that you will need in order to be accepted on to the course will be reduced.
- We welcome applications from students who have tried to improve their examination grades by taking resits. We treat these applications in exactly the same way as other applications.
International15950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15950 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
- UK students During placement year: £ 1,250
- International/EU students During placement year:£2,500
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.