You will also investigate the economic, social and political forces which influence policy and give rise to conflicts between the achievement of economic, environmental and social objectives.
Important strengths of the International Relations and Social Policy (Hons) course from Aston University include its focus on key contemporary issues in international relations and policy, such as global economic change and the environment as well as international comparisons of government policies.
The professional placement year is an optional feature of the programme and is designed to give our students a distinct advantage on the graduate labour market.
The programme is strongly geared towards increasing your employability since it is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills relevant to careers involving partnerships in the public, private and voluntary sectors.
Recent Job Titles
- Business Analyst
- Corporate Engagement Executive
- Insurance Broker
- Mental Health Support Worker
- National Project Coordinator
- Person Centered Support Worker
- Procurement Manager
- Professor of Medical Sociology
- Supporter Engagement Executive
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to the Concepts and Methods of International Relations
- Introduction to the European Union
- Critical Debates in Society and Policy
- From Social Problems to Public Policies
- Becoming a Social Scientist
- The Making of the
- Modern World
- What’s Trending (Current Affairs in Politics and International Relations)
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development View 473 other Masters in International Relations in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- ABB from 3 A Levels. General Studies accepted.
- A Level applicants who select this course as their Firm UCAS choice may be eligible for our lowered offer scheme. This means that the grades that you will need in order to be accepted on to the course will be reduced.
- We welcome applications from students who have tried to improve their examination grades by taking resits. We treat these applications in exactly the same way as other applications.
International15950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15950 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
- UK students During placement year: £ 1,250
- International/EU students During placement year:£2,500
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.