As a business student at Aston, you’ll study the theories, principles and underlying concepts of management and develop a strong understanding of business models and processes. You’ll examine how strategic decision-making within organisations takes place, and develop the ability to recognise and analyse the economic, technical, financial, social and organisational parameters within which modern managers make decisions, providing you with a solid starting point for your future career.
On the international relations strand of the Business and International Relations (Hons) programme from Aston University, you’ll get an introduction to the international state system and to the structure and purpose of international organisations, such as the United Nations, the World Health Organization (WHO) and NATO. You will develop a knowledge and understanding of the nature between states and also of the roles played by international institutions, other intergovernmental organisations, multinational corporations and NGOs.
Business and International Relations graduates go on to a range of professions with recent roles including Broadcast Journalist, Editorial Assistant, Civil Service Administrator, Human Resources Officer, Marketing Trainee, Policy Officer, Research Assistant, Solicitor, Languages Teacher, Account Manager, Analyst, Business Analyst, Corporate Engagement Executive, Public Policy and Strategic Relationships Intern.
Potential employers include Morgan Stanley, the Department for International Development, HSBC, Bosch, the Ministry of Defence, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the United Nations Economic Commission.
Employed Business and Management graduates earn £11,100 (41%) more than the UK average five years after graduating (Longitudinal Education Outcomes, 2019).
- International Relations: Theories
- Critical Approaches to Security Studies
- Fundamental Strategy
- Strategic Finance
- Operations Management
- Virtual Business Simulation
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration International Relations Management Studies View 1359 other Bachelors in Business Administration in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Aston University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- BBC (standard offer)
- BCC (with EPQ or Core Maths minimum grade B)
- 29 points overall with grades 5, 5, 4 in 3 higher level subjects.
- Standard level Maths and English grade 5 required in lieu of GCSE English and Maths grade C/4.
- BTEC Extended Diploma – DDD (standard offer)
- BTEC Extended Diploma – DDM (contextual offer*)
- The University also accepts the BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate/BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma and BTEC Level 3 National Diploma/BTEC Level 3 Diploma for entry onto degree programmes, provided that they are studied in combination with other qualifications that are equivalent to three full A2 Levels.
International16300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16300 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
- UK students During placement year: £1,250
- International/EU students During placement year:£2,500
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.