You’ll have the opportunity to explore major political topics going beyond the UK and Europe, covering North America, South Asia, China, Japan or the emerging global powers. You will not only study the traditional subjects of the discipline, such as security, political economy or democratisation but also have the chance to delve into ethics, sports, gender, protests or religion.
You will also learn about international politics, as well as investigating the forces which influence policy and give rise to conflicts between the achievement of economic, environmental and social objectives.
Language modules in Arabic, Mandarin Chinese, French, German or Spanish, will help to further prepare you for a career in a global environment.
An optional placement year offers the chance to apply your learning in a work or study placement in the UK or overseas. Whether you choose to study abroad, work for a company or to teach, Aston’s links with employers, schools and universities around the world mean you will have a wide range of options to boost your employability and explore the world of work.
Graduates of the Politics with International Relations (Hons) degree course at Aston University go on to a range of professions with recent roles including Broadcast Journalist, Editorial Assistant, Civil Service Administrator, Human Resources Officer, Marketing Trainee, Policy Officer, Research Assistant, Solicitor, Languages Teacher, Account Manager, Analyst, Business Analyst, Corporate Engagement Executive, Public Policy and Strategic Relationships Intern.
Potential employers include Morgan Stanley, the Department for International Development, HSBC, Bosch, the Ministry of Defence, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the United Nations Economic Commission.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Studying and Researching Politics
- Concepts and Methods of International Relations
- British Politics since 1990
- European Union
- The Making of the Modern World
- What’s Trending (Current Affairs in Politics and International Relations)
- French for Beginners
- Spanish for Beginners
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science View 795 other Bachelors in Political Science in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- BBC (standard offer)
- BCC (with EPQ or Core Maths minimum grade B)
- IB: 29 points overall with grades 5, 5, 4 in 3 higher level subjects.
- Standard level Maths and English grade 5 required in lieu of GCSE English and Maths grade C/4.
- BTEC Extended Diploma – DDM (standard offer)
- BTEC Extended Diploma – DMM (contextual offer*)
- The University also accepts the BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate/BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma and BTEC Level 3 National Diploma/BTEC Level 3 Diploma for entry onto degree programmes, provided that they are studied in combination with other qualifications that are equivalent to three full A2 Levels.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15950 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- UK students During placement year: £ 1,250
- International/EU students During placement year: £2,500
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.