The Business and Mathematics (Hons) programme, offered at the Aston University incorporates a placement year after the second year (sandwich course). Combining both principal and specialised subjects, this course aims to prepare you for this challenge and for a successful career in management.
The course has been specifically designed to meet the huge demand for graduates with both solid training in Mathematics and Business, relevant for all sectors of a company in the information age.
An external panel from industry has advised on the content and structure of the course. Graduates may be employed in a broad range of positions; for instance in research and development teams as part of a large company or in start-ups, as trainee analysts and consultants.
Graduates may also continue their training in MSc and PhD courses, or pursue teaching and education careers. Typical areas of employment included finance, IT, education and consultancy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamental Mathematics
- Vector Algebra and Geometry
- Introductory Accounting for Business
- Introduction to Organisational Behaviour
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Numerical Algorithms and Programming
- Introduction to Marketing Management
- Economic Environment of Business
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Mathematics Actuarial Science View 752 other Masters in Mathematics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- ABB-BBB from three subjects including Maths at minimum Grade B
- Extended Diploma: DDM (including A Level Maths at minimum Grade B). For more information please see below.
- 31 points with 5, 5, 5 in Higher Level subjects including Maths at grade 5.
- Maths and English Grade C/4 and above.
International17050 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17050 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
- UK students During placement year: £ 1,250
- International/EU students During placement year:£2,500
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.