In addition to gaining a detailed knowledge and understanding of these, you will also acquire the professional, academic and management skills necessary to enter any sector of the industry and to move between sectors during your career.
Transport and distribution are of crucial importance to our economy and society, and are being brought sharper into focus with issues such as congestion and public transport in the news virtually every day.
The Transport Management (Hons) programme offered at the Aston University uses examples, illustrations, visits and case studies from the transport and distribution industries. Your studies will incorporate all the relevant management skills: accounting, marketing, human resources and operations management. All are set within the context of the transport related industries, including passenger and freight modes. Your business skills will also be enhanced by courses such as economics, data analysis, operations research, computing and information management.
Approximately one third of our graduates seek careers in nontransport areas.
Recent graduate positions include:
- Faber Group - Transport Consultants
- National Express Group - Graduate Trainee
- Network Rail - Operations Publications Specialist; Oscar
- Post Office - Graduate Management Programme
- South West Trains - Graduate Trainee
- Stagecoach UK - Graduate Management Trainee
- TNT Logistics - Operations Manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Transport and Engineering Economics
- Introduction to Supply Chain Management
- Law for Engineers
- Study and Research Skills
- Building Professional Relationships
- Introductory Accounting for Business
- Introduction to Business Management
- Design & Management of Transport Facilities
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSupply Chain Management & Logistics View 42 other Masters in Supply Chain Management & Logistics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- BBB-BBC. A science or technical subject is preferred but not essential.
- Extended Diploma or National Extended Diploma: DDM. For more, please see below.
- 28 overall points and above with 5, 4, 4 in higher level subjects including a science or technical subject. 29 overall points and above with 5, 5, 4 in higher level subjects if no science or technical subject studied.
- Maths grade C/4 and English Grade C/4 and above.
International17050 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17050 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
- UK students During placement year: £1,250
- International/EU students During placement year: £2,500
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.