This Construction Project Management (Hons) from Aston University will provide you with the technical knowledge of materials and building processes, and an understanding of logistics and planning. You'll also develop the skills necessary for a challenging career in the construction industry. These skills include anagement, economics, finance and decision-making skills, all of which are required by professional construction and project managers. Specialist modules in areas such as health, safety and environmental management will support your other areas of knowledge.
This degree will also look at developing the necessary skills for those who would like to go on to be commercial managers and quantity surveyors, looking at finance, planning and the operation of major construction projects. After your first year, your studies will centre on finance, resource management and logistics, together with the necessary knowledge of the construction process. This breadth will give you a skills and knowledge base for a career in construction project management.
There is always a demand for competent construction and project managers without whom the infrastructure, so necessary to today’s society, could not exist.
When you graduate, you will have the necessary skills to work for civil engineering contractors, building and project management companies, local government and in the service industries. The management, transferable and technical skills developed during your studies will also be attractive to other professions. There is also significant potential for successful careers in such diverse fields as finance, logistics and general management.
Accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and by the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introductory Accounting for Business
- Study and Research Skills
- Building Professional Relationships
- Construction Materials and Surveying
- BIM for Construction
- Construction Constract Management and Administration
- Introduction to Business Management
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesProject Management Civil Engineering & Construction View 381 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A level (2020 entry)
- BBB -BBC. A science or technical A Level preferred but not essential.
- DDM (Construction and the Built Environment or Building Services Engineering preferred but not essential).
- 29 points and above with 5, 5, 4 in higher level subjects if no science or technical subject studied; 28 points and above with 5, 4, 4 in higher level subjects if a science or technical subject is studied.
- Maths Grade B/5 and English Grade C/4 and above. If a science or technical subject is studied at A level, the requirement is Maths Grade C/4 and English Grade c/4
International17050 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17050 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
- UK students During placement year: £1,250
- International/EU students During placement year:£2,500
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.