Ultimately you will be equipped for a successful career in chemistry, the chemical industries or a vast range of alternative scientific, business and professional occupations such as teaching. At the Chemistry (Hons) course offered from the Aston University you will study subjects such as process design, health and safety, biological chemistry, biomaterials, inorganic materials and polymer synthesis. The innovative and relevant nature of our courses will also help you to discover new and exciting areas of chemistry, including bio-compatibility, medicinal drug delivery systems, the Buckminster-Fullerenes and cluster compounds, liquid crystals, non-metallic conductors and superconductors.
Your broad grounding in the principles of chemistry will prepare you to enter research, development or production in the chemical industry or to undertake postgraduate research or teaching certificates. Alternatively you may pursue a career in areas as diverse as commerce, administration, accounting, banking or the civil service. The study of chemistry is a springboard to your future, whether or not you enter a directly related career and is a highly stimulating and rewarding choice. For students interested in biological chemistry or biotechnology, there are also opportunities in a wide variety of modern exciting industries including pharmaceuticals, agrochemicals, biotechnology, environmental control, water, renewable energy and materials.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design and Build
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Molecular Transformations
- States of Matter
- Introduction to Biological Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Mathematics for Chemists
- General Chemistry
- Health, Safety and the Environment
- Chemistry and the Environment
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry View 512 other Masters in Chemistry in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- BBB-BBC including Chemistry and Maths at a minimum Grade B (including passing the practical element)
- Extended Diploma and National Extended Diploma (any subject): DDM, plus an A level in Chemistry at minimum Grade B. See below for more information.
- 29 points overall and above with 5, 5, 4 at Higher Level including Higher Level Chemistry at Grade 5
- Maths Grade C/4 and English Grade C/4
International19800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19800 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
- UK students During placement year: £ 1,250
- International/EU students During placement year:£2,500
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.