Good reasons for studying Natural Resource Sciences at the ZHAW Zurich University of Applied Sciences
- We offer you a tailor-made and unique study programme which considers the requirements of future working environments while promoting responsible, independent action.
- You benefit from practical and application-oriented methodologies that are integrated into excursions, project weeks, laboratory and field work.
- Your study programme can be planned individually and flexibly, thus adapting it to your specific needs.
- Thanks to exchange semesters, internships and the possibility of writing Bachelor’s theses abroad, you can truly experience an international course of study.
- You study in magnificent surroundings, which fosters a perfect balance between inspiration and creativity.
Environmental markets are developing rapidly and very dynamically. The areas of environmental technologies and services, energy and water supplies, regional agriculture, urban and landscape development are regarded as having high developmental potential both in the short and long term. In the course of (building) a sustainable economy, numerous new jobs are being created in the environmental sector.
The future relies on sustainability. With a Bachelor’s degree in Natural Resource Sciences, you will be well equipped for this. The programme leads to professional qualifications, and thanks to the practically-oriented training, it will open up a wide range of career opportunities for you, be it as an employee in the private sector, public administration, a non-profit organisation, or as a self-employed entrepreneur.
Specializations offered include:
- Agriculture and Horticulture
- Renewable Energies and Ecological Engineering
- Nature Management
- Environmental Systems and Sustainable Development
- Urban Ecosystems
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You have completed an apprenticeship (with reference to the field of study) and a federally recognised vocational baccalaureate, a technical baccalaureate or an HF degree, you can begin your studies directly.
- Persons with a foreign basic education, a grammar school Matura or a vocational Matura must provide proof of 12 months of work experience in a field related to the field of study before starting their studies.
International2502 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1251 EUR per semester during 36 months.
National1476 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 738 EUR per semester during 36 months.
- 720 CHF per semester
- additionally CHF 500 for students whose place of residence is outside Switzerland at the start of their studies
Living costs for Zürich
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.