At graduation, Fisher College of Business graduates:
- Will posses strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and critically assess problems facing contemporary businesses
- Will demonstrate in-depth knowledge of human resources
- Will possess a global perspective and can critically evaluate the international context a contemporary business operates in
- Can identify and assess ethical issues surrounding business decisions
- Are able to work effectively in a team-based environment
- Can demonstrate professional deportment and effective oral and written communication skills
Insurance is recognized as an important field by many corporations, hospitals and government units. Many of these organizations employ graduates in positions requiring an understanding of issues related to insurance and risk management (e.g. employee benefit management). In addition, the insurance industry is a large employer of individuals with university-level education, and knowledge of principles of risk management and insurance provides important background for understanding the insurance operations and the functions of insurance in society.
An Insurance program at The Ohio State University is required for entry into many careers within the insurance industry. Specific career opportunities within the insurance industry include underwriters, claims administrators, information systems experts, investment managers and sales agents. Outside the insurance industry, knowledge from the fields of risk management and insurance is needed by employee benefit managers, financial planners and risk managers. Increasingly, continued education after leaving the university environment is essential for promotion in these careers.
Professional designations such as ARM, CLU, CPCU, ChFc, LOMA and CFP often appear after the names of risk managers, employee benefit managers and executives in the insurance industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Accounting Principles
- Economics Principles
- Business Skills and Environment
- Business Law
- International Business
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Actuarial Science View 975 other Masters in Actuarial Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful completion of university preparatory courses
- High school performance (class rank or GPA), including participation in accelerated programs like Honors, AP and IB; Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for class rank or GPA
- Standardized test score (ACT or SAT); Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for ACT or SAT scores
- Ability and desire to contribute to and engage with a diverse campus community
- Experiences that demonstrate leadership or engaged involvement(e.g., co-curricular activities, work experiences or military service)
- Status as a first-generation university student
- High school performance if adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
International36430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36430 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33502 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11508 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.