A paramedic has a level of knowledge, skill, and treatment capabilities that are significantly beyond those of an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) and which can dramatically improve a patient’s outcome at the hospital.
In response to the need for these uniquely trained emergency medical care professionals, the University of New Haven developed its Paramedicine program.
Hands-on learning will be a major part of your education. You’ll ride along with ambulance services and take patients’ vitals. You’ll practice doing chest compressions and starting IV lines on high-fidelity mannequins. You’ll become part of teams who care for patients in whatever medical emergency unfolds. The goal of the paramedicine program is to make your education as real-world as it gets.
Through this program, offered in conjunction with Yale New Haven Hospital, you will also:
- Become an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Gain more than 700 hours of clinical and internship experience through multiple models of EMS services, including hospital-based and fire-based
- Expand your knowledge through classes in anatomy and physiology at the Yale University School of Medicine
- Become eligible to sit for the National Registry Paramedic exam at the completion of your studies
- Pharmacology for Emergency Medical Services
- Prehospital Trauma Care
- Psychiatric and Behavioral Emergencies for Paramedics
- Pediatric Emergencies for Paramedics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- International deadlines are the priority ones.
- National students - rolling admission for fall and apply no later than the first week of January for spring.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 821 other Bachelors in Human Medicine in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit a complete Online Application for International Undergraduate Students or apply through the Common Application.
- Submit official certified copies of senior secondary/high school records. This includes all grade reports, mark sheets, academic transcripts, final examination results, diplomas, and degree certificates such as Senior Secondary School Leaving Certificate, Std. X (SSC), Std. XII (HSC), O-Levels, A-Levels, IB, WAEC, CXC, etc.
- Submit at least one letter of recommendation from an academic source (teacher or guidance counselor).
- Submit a personal essay.
International42610 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42610 USD per year during 48 months.
National42610 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42610 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New Haven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.