The basic courses of the Mathematics program from University of Pécs include: Logics, Computer science, Linear algebra, Number theory, Calculus, Geometry, Probability theory and statistics and Game theory. Advanced courses include Mathematical programming and Operations research, Group theory, Computer algebra, Numerical methods and applied computer science.
The courses usually constitute of two parts: a lecture and a problem solving seminar, each worth 2 or 3 credits, depending on the nature of the topic. In addition to the 120 credits which have to be collected from the courses, 60 credits for the preparation of the thesis completes the 180 credits required for finishing the course.
The bachelor course in mathematics is the basis for the Master (MSc) line of applied mathematics (with a special focus on operations research) available at University of Pécs as well as other MSc courses available at other universities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Algebra and Number Theory
- Foundations of Mathematics
- Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics
- Elementary Mathematics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) copy of school transcripts showing satisfactory completion of senior high school.
- Europass CV in English
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 characters.
- Copy of valid passport or national ID
- Medical certificate, vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against HEP B) and HIV test
- The payment receipt of the application fee
- Official copy of the language exam certificate
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2500 EUR per semester during 36 months.
EU/EEA5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2500 EUR per semester during 36 months.
Application fee: EUR 140
Living costs for Pécs
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.