While most Respiratory Care Program at the Montana State University - Great Falls College graduateds work in hospitals, an increasing number have branched out into alternative care sites, such as nursing homes, physicians’ offices, home health agencies, specialized care hospitals, medical equipment supply companies, and patients’ homes.
RTs perform both diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, such as:
- Obtaining and analyzing sputum and breath specimens;
- Taking blood specimens and analyzing them to determine levels of oxygen, carbon dioxide, and other gases;
- Interpreting data obtained from specimens;
- Measuring the capacity of patients' lungs to determine if there is impaired function;
- Performing studies on the cardiopulmonary system;
- Studying disorders of people with disruptive sleep patterns;
- Operating mechanical ventilators for patients who cannot breath adequately;
- Delivering inhaled medications and medical gases;
- Teaching patients with lung disorders to maintain meaningful and active life systems.
The RT program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Respiratory CareProgram.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Respiratory Care Clinic
- Respiratory Care Clinical Seminar
- Hemodynamic Monitoring
- Alternate Sites for Respiratory Care
- Pulmonary Function Testing
- Supervisory Management
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 1605 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit your high school transcript (if from the United States) - If not from the United States proof that your high school completion is equilavent to an American High School Diploma.
- Evidence of Financial Support
- Prior to admission to the RT program students must have completed high school chemistry with a grade of “B” or above within the past five (5) years and demonstrate computer literacy. (Students without high school courses should consult the RT Program Director about the appropriate college coursework to meet this requirement.)
- The Great Falls College MSU RT Program is a limited enrollment program, accepting a restricted number of students each year.
International10253 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10253 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National10253 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10253 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
The Financial Aid Staff will help you identify federal, state and private programs to fund your college education. A variety of grants, loans, work study employment, and scholarships are available to GFCMSU students.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.