The BSc (Hons) Psychology offered by Arden University Online is the first step towards a career in the rewarding field of psychology. This bachelor’s degree has been designed to thoroughly deliver essential knowledge on psychological theory and first glimpses into ways of practicing psychology in professional settings.
The programme helps meet the growing need for professionals in the mental healthcare professions and connected occupations. It does so by delivering an essential set of knowledge and courses designed to integrate future psychologists into the workforce faster and more effectively.
Why study this Bachelor’s programme
- Learn about the most important schools of thought when it comes to understanding human behaviour and how the mind works.
- Because this is an honour’s degree you will benefit from a final Research Project which allows you to conduct your own study, and apply your studies directly to your workplace if you wish.
- Benefit from a flexible online study environment.
- Taught by experienced professionals in the field.
- Get a well rounded psychology education from a recognised UK university.
Programme accreditation and careers
This psychology honour’s degree is fully accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS) and will prepare graduates to continue successful career paths in a variety of industries from HR to clinical research. Successful graduates will be eligible for the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) of the BPS - the basic requirement to train as a professional psychologist.
With further specialized training, psychology graduates go on to careers as psychotherapists, psychology counsellor, occupational psychologist, school counsellor, human resource officer, play therapist, forensic psychologist, organizational psychologist (I-O), and more.
What you will learn during this programme
- Gain insight into main psychological research methods.
- Delve deep into developmental psychology and learn about the main topics and challenges of each main stage of mental and physical development.
- Learn about the biological factors that play a role in human psychology, with a special emphasis on processes in the brain.
- Understand the main principles and practices related to cognitive psychology.
Coronavirus (Covid-19) updates:
The current intake is open. We are continuing to deliver an undisrupted learning experience across all our courses. We are Distance Learning specialists with more than 25 years’ experience delivering education online.
Arden’s undergraduate psychology programme is proudly accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS). This online psychology degree course gives students eligibility for the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) from the BPS, which is critical for pursuing a recognised psychology career. While studying with Arden, student membership with the BPS costs are covered.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Studying Psychology
- Introduction to Social and Developmental Psychology
- Introduction to Biological and Cognitive Psychology
- Introduction to Research Methods I
- Introduction to Research Methods II
- Key Studies in Psychology
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Personality and Intelligence
- Social Psychology
- Brain and Behaviour
- Advanced Topics in Cognitive Psychology
- Research Project
- Contemporary Developmental Psychology
- Cross-Cultural Psychology
- Occupational Psychology
- Mental Health and Illness
At Arden, assessments are designed to allow students to demonstrate their knowledge through a variety of methods, which could include:
- Case studies
- Empirical research report
- Literature review
- Self reflective writing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Continuous support with feedback on request, Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesPsychology Cognitive Sciences Clinical Psychology View 7 other Masters in Cognitive Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4716 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4716 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.