Our graduates are successful in securing positions nationally and overseas. Your studies will incorporate all areas of clinical pathology including haematology, transfusion science, cytology, biochemistry, microbiology, histology, molecular pathology and immunology, providing you with increased career opportunities.
Medical laboratory scientists work in the pathology industry, generally in hospitals or in public or private laboratories.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science degree at Queensland University of Technology are also employed in allied heath (e.g. assisted fertility clinics) and public health laboratories.
Graduates of this course may choose a role in a multidisciplinary setting or can specialise in an area of particular interest, or complete postgraduate studies for a career in research.
- Human Anatomy
- Human Cell & Molecular Biology
- Foundations of Biochemistry
- Principles of Human Physiology
- Genes, Genomes and Genetics
- Principles of Infection and Immunity
- Quantitative Skills for Health Scientists
- 48 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences Biochemistry View 358 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An aggregate score of 8 based on the best three A-Level subjects from General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced (A2) Level.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme with final aggregate score of 28.
- Chemistry (Units 3 & 4, C)
- Mathematical Methods (Units 3 & 4, C)
You must have achieved this study at a level comparable to Australian Year 12 or in recognised post-secondary studies.
International42300 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42300 AUD per year during 48 months.
National7600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7600 AUD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.