Become a Professional Mental Health Practitioner
Coursework and clinical field experience teach students in the Psychosocial Rehabilitation program of Rutgers University the knowledge, skills and rehabilitation techniques to begin careers as mental health practitioners. Lectures, interactive classroom activities and the required clinical practicum experience prepare students to provide supportive services to those living with serious mental illnesses. Practitioners provide supportive counseling, case management services, and vocational rehabilitation.
We offer the degree in collaboration with eight affiliate schools: Middlesex County College, Union County College, Warren County Community College, Cumberland County College, Passaic County Community College, Raritan Valley Community College, Ocean County College, and Sussex County Community College.
- Our graduates have a 100% pass rate on the CPRP national credentialing exam.
- Students gain hands-on experience in a 480-hour clinical practicum
- Our program is considered a model in the nation
- Flexibility of full-time and part-time options
- To meet a strong demand for qualified professionals in the field, we offer a complete psychiatric rehabilitation career ladder from A.S. through Ph.D. degrees.
- Psychiatric Rehabilitation
- Communication Techniques
- Group Interventions for People with Disabilities
- Clinical Principles
- Community Resources
- Emerging Topics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Clinical Psychology View 37 other Bachelors in Counselling in United States
The requirements for admission to the professional phase of the program at Rutgers SHRP is as follows:
- Previous admission to affiliate school
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 18-36 credits in liberal arts & general education (according to affiliate curriculum requirements) including completion of English composition, required math and science courses
- All Official College Transcripts
- New Jersey College Basic Skills Test Scores and basic skills courses completed
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 for college-level courses
International41520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 692 USD per credit during 24 months.
National41520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 692 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State27660 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 461 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.