About the Program
Since all human behavior is social, the subject matter of sociology ranges from the intimate family to the hostile mob; from organized crime to religious cults; from the divisions of race, gender and social class to the shared beliefs of a common culture; and from the sociology of work to the sociology of sports. Because the Sociology program of Rutgers University addresses the most challenging issues of our time, it is a rapidly expanding field whose potential is increasingly tapped by those who craft policies and create programs.
Major questions sociologists address include:
- How are groups, organizations, and societies structured, and how do individuals interact within these contexts? What are the causes and consequences of social inequality?
- How do social categorizations such as gender, class, race, ethnicity, and sexuality shape life chances for individuals?
- How do important institutions such as education, the family, religion, and the economy shape society?
- What forces lead to social change in a society? How do social movements originate, and what makes them succeed or fail?
- Social Research
- Classical Sociological Theory
- Contemporary Sociological Theory
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Gender & Sexuality Studies Sociology View 803 other Bachelors in Social Work in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application
- A $70 non-refundable application fee is required
- Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR)
- Due to the uncertainty of future test dates and availability of standardized tests, Rutgers will make submission of SAT and ACT test scores optional
- English Proficiency Examination Requirements
- Letters of recommendation are not used for admissions consideration
International29736 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14868 USD per semester during 48 months.
National29736 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14868 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State12536 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6268 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Newark
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.