About the Program
With a focus on the urban environment, the Social Work program of Rutgers University seeks to develop a cadre of competent generalist practitioners who:
- Have a passion and a calling for the profession
- Understand and adhere to social work ethics and values
- Exhibit respect for diversity, demonstrate cultural awareness and competency
- Advocate for social and economic justice
- Contribute to and influence policy and research
- Engage in life-long learning
- Social Work and Social Welfare
- Human Behavior and the Social Environment
- Social Work Junior Field Practice
- Social Welfare Policies to the 1930s
- Contemporary Social Welfare Policies
- Human Diversity
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Gender & Sexuality Studies Sociology View 1680 other Bachelors in Sociology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application
- A $70 non-refundable application fee is required
- Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR)
- Due to the uncertainty of future test dates and availability of standardized tests, Rutgers will make submission of SAT and ACT test scores optional
- English Proficiency Examination Requirements
- Letters of recommendation are not used for admissions consideration
International29736 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14868 USD per semester during 48 months.
National29736 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14868 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State12536 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6268 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Newark
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.