This Computing (Hons) programme from University of Kent give you the skills you need for the practical application of computing to areas typically found in industry. These include e-commerce, information systems, and computer consultancy.
You begin with core fundamentals such as object-oriented programming using Java, human computer interaction, and software engineering, then build skills in web applications programming, database and networking technology, computer security and other current topics.
Assisted by more in-depth study in optional final year modules, you can graduate with expertise including artificial intelligence, data processing, cryptography, eHealth, data mining and the semantic web. Our module topics suit many career paths, and our general principle is to equip you to effectively apply computing concepts to solve real-world problems.
Graduates who have both IT knowledge and business skills can expect excellent career prospects. The graduates have gone on to work in:
- software engineering
- mobile applications development
- systems analysis
- web design and e-commerce
- finance and insurance
This programme has Full CITP accreditation from BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Computing
- Databases and the Web
- Computer Systems
- Human Computer Interaction
- Computer Applications
- People and Computing
- Further Object-Oriented Programming
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering Artificial Intelligence View 977 other Bachelors in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A level: BBC - BCC
- GCSE: Mathematics grade C
- Access to HE Diploma: The University will not necessarily make conditional offers to all Access candidates but will continue to assess them on an individual basis. If we make you an offer, you will need to obtain/pass the overall Access to Higher Education Diploma and may also be required to obtain a proportion of the total level 3 credits and/or credits in particular subjects at merit grade or above.
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (formerly BTEC National Diploma): Distinction, Distinction, Merit
- International Baccalaureate: 34 points overall or 14 points at HL including Mathematics 5 at HL or SL, or Mathematics 6 at SL
International20500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- EU full-time £15400
Kent offers generous financial support schemes to assist eligible undergraduate students during their studies.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.