About the Program
This field deals with the various ways in which human beings have tried to understand and give expression to the nature and meaning of reality, knowledge, the self, values, and human temporality. Students in the Philosophy program of Rutgers University gain a heightened ability to think critically and develop well-reasoned arguments. They learn how to devise meaningful and intuitive questions, read and interpret complex texts and cultures, and write and communicate clearly and effectively.
Stress is placed on philosophy as an activity, combining knowledge of important philosophical issues with the basis for developing an analytical judgment that is both critical and productive. Conducting independent research is not uncommon within the program.
Students in Philosophy courses should learn to:
- think critically and creatively,
- read and interpret complex and significant texts,
- write clearly and effectively,
- make clear and convincing arguments, including in response to arguments of others, and,
- develop oral communication skills through effective and well-organized presentations and productive classroom participation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Symbolic Logic
- History of Philosophy
- Philosophy of Sex, Gender, and Sexuality
- Ethics of War and Conflict
- Mind, Knowledge, and Reality
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Liberal Arts View 1117 other Bachelors in Liberal Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application
- A $70 non-refundable application fee is required
- Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR)
- Due to the uncertainty of future test dates and availability of standardized tests, Rutgers will make submission of SAT and ACT test scores optional
- English Proficiency Examination Requirements
- Letters of recommendation are not used for admissions consideration
International29178 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14589 USD per semester during 48 months.
National29178 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14589 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State12536 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6268 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Camden
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.