Drama provides a distinctive balance of practical and theoretical elements allowing you to develop the skills and vision needed for employment in the creative industries and beyond. Similarly, the flexible and wide-ranging History programmes provide a diverse range of perspectives on the stage of world history, developing valuable skills in critical analysis, reconciliation of differing opinion and representation of complex arguments in a clear and cohesive manner.
Both subjects follow a modular structure allowing students to tailor their studies to their own interests.
This Drama and History (Hons) program offered at University of Kent gives you the option to spend a year abroad at one of our partner universities, between Stages 2 and 3. For more information, see the course structure tab and Go Abroad.
- On most programmes, you study a combination of compulsory and optional modules. You may also be able to take ‘elective’ modules from other programmes so you can customise your programme and explore other subjects that interest you.
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Theatre & Dance View 1064 other Bachelors in History in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A level: BBB including History or a related humanities based essay writing subject which includes English, Philosophy, Religious Studies or Classical Civilisation. Students applying without History will need to make a case in their personal statement.
- Access to HE Diploma: If we make you an offer, you will need to obtain/pass the overall Access to Higher Education Diploma and may also be required to obtain a proportion of the total level 3 credits and/or credits in particular subjects at merit grade or above.
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (formerly BTEC National Diploma): A typical offer would be to achieve DMM plus A-level in History or a related humanities based essay writing subject at grade B, which includes English, Philosophy, Religious Studies or Classical Civilisation.
- International Baccalaureate: 34 points overall or 15 points at HL including History 5 at HL or 6 at SL
Living costs for Canterbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Scholarships are available for excellence in academic performance, sport and music and are awarded on merit. For further information on the range of awards available and to make an application see our scholarships website.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.