This Film and History (Hons) program at University of Kent takes a similar approach when examining the past; working with a variety of texts and sources to understand events and perspectives.
Explore film from its silent beginnings through to 3D CGI blockbusters, finding your own voice as a critic and a filmmaker, and explore challenging questions about the impact of political, social and cultural change on class, gender, race, injustice and power.
Despite the increasingly competitive job market, our graduates continue to excel. Recent graduates have found employment in fields such as:
- journalism and the media
- film and television
- management and administration
- local and national civil services
- the museums and heritage sector
- commerce and banking
- Disability and the Arts
- Photography Contexts of Practice
- Case Study in World Cinema
- Film Genre (Horror)
- Sound, Music and Cinema
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media History View 815 other Bachelors in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A level: BBB A-level in History or a related humanities based essay writing subject at grade B, which includes English, Philosophy, Religious Studies or Classical Civilisation. Students applying without History will need to make a case in their personal statement.
- Access to HE Diploma: If we make you an offer, you will need to obtain/pass the overall Access to Higher Education Diploma and may also be required to obtain a proportion of the total level 3 credits and/or credits in particular subjects at merit grade or above.
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (formerly BTEC National Diploma): A typical offer would be to achieve DMM plus A-level in History or a related humanities based essay writing subject at grade B, which includes English, Philosophy, Religious Studies or Classical Civilisation.
- International Baccalaureate: 30 points overall or 15 points at HL including History 5 at HL or 6 at SL
International17400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17400 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- EU full-time £13000
- Home part-time £4625
- EU part-time £6500
- International part-time £8700
Living costs for Canterbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Scholarships are available for excellence in academic performance, sport and music and are awarded on merit. For further information on the range of awards available and to make an application see our scholarships website.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.