Benefit from the flexibility to tailor this degree to suit your career goals with a choice of majors in clinical measurement, nutrition, pathology or biotechnology.
Throughout your studies you will be supported by experienced lecturers and benefit from practical learning experiences through simulations and work-integrated-learning to graduate job-ready.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Medical Science from CQUniversity Australia have developed the expertise and skills to work as health professionals in pathology, clinical measurement, biotechnology or nutritional areas.
The pathology specialisation will prepare students for employment in diagnostic medical laboratories where haematological, biochemical, microbiological and histological analysis of human blood, urine and tissue samples is conducted.
- You will study eight core units and a major in either Biotechnology, Clinical Measurement, Nutrition or Pathology.
- If you choose to study a major in Biotechnology, Clinical Measurement or Nutrition you will also select two minors from a prescribed minors list outlined in the Majors and Minors section below.
- If you study the Pathology major you will be required to complete 16 pathology units without the inclusion of minors.
- You also have the option to study the Biotechnology major and select a Diagnostic Pathology co-major. Upon graduation, if you opt for this co-major, you will receive the award of Bachelor of Medical Science (Biotechnology and Diagnostic Pathology). With this option, you also may transfer into the four-year accredited CL10 Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours) degree.
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Health Sciences View 356 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in Australia
- When applying, you must demonstrate that you have met the listed Entry Requirements and English Language Proficiency requirements.
- After you have applied and enrolled in this course, you will need to be able to meet the Security and Health Requirements as these generally relate to work-integrated learning activities that form part of your course. You will be provided with more information about security and health requirements after enrolling in the relevant units that these relate to.
International35280 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35280 AUD per year during 36 months.
National8842 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8842 AUD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Rockhampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.